Sign the Petition
Mentally competent, terminally ill patients must have the right to choose aid in dying: to request a prescription for medication to end their suffering. Support Connecticut’s Compassionate Aid-in-Dying Legislation.
Connecticut’s Compassionate Aid-In-Dying Legislation
- allows a physician to prescribe medication
- gives doctors immunity when they act within the law
- has numerous safeguards
- requires a doctor certify the person is terminally ill and mentally competent
- requires confirmation by a second doctor
- does not require any health care provider to participate
Doctors have openly provided aid in dying for fifteen years with no reported problems or abuse, first in Oregon and now also in Washington and Montana.
Too many suffer at the end of life.
Sign the petition, then share it with your friends.