General Information Packet
Compassion & Choices is supporting the End-of-Life Option Act (SB 128) introduced in the California Legislature in January. The legislation, coauthored by Senator Lois Wolk and Senator Bill Monning, would allow terminally ill Californians to request a medication to bring about a peaceful death if their suffering becomes unbearable. See how you can get involved.
Senate Bill 128: Floor Debate June 4, 2015
Support SB 128 Today by Sending a Letter to Lawmakers
Click one of the links below to send a letter in support of SB128 to your elected official. You have two options: Send a letter via the web using out easy-to-use online tool or download and print the letter and send it via mail.
California Senate Passes SB128 in a Historic Vote to Authorize Aid in Dying
Just two weeks after the California Medical Association dropped its 28-year opposition to aid-in-dying legislation the Senate approves the End of Life Option Act (SB 128) with a 23-14 vote. The bill now moves to the Assembly, where the deadline to pass the bill is Sept. 11. Read more here.
If your end-of-life plans aren’t in place yet, follow the link below to find the most recent forms and resources for end-of-life planning.
CALIFORNIA END-OF-LIFE RESOURCES PAGE
Making plans and communicating them is absolutely necessary to ensure we get what we want – and avoid enduring anything we don’t – at the end of life, even if we’re unable to speak for ourselves…more
Los Angeles Office
3055 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1010
Los Angeles, CA 90010
San Francisco P.O. Box
3701 Sacramento Street #439
San Francisco, CA 94118
To learn how you can get involved with Compassion & Choices in California click here or call 800-247-7421.
In This Section
California - Home
- The Power of Stories
- Help Pass SB128
- Sign up to learn more
- California Mom Christy O’Donnell Fights to Die on Her Own Terms
- Get Involved
- An Evening with Barbara Mancini – Somerville MA – Dec 8
- Pass the Aid in Dying Law Here in Connecticut
- RSVP for Graceful Aging and Mindful Dying at Congregation Beth Israel
- Vote in NJ on the Aid in Dying for the Terminally Ill Act
- The Journey Home: An African American Conversation
- Tell your senator that you support New Jersey’s Aid in Dying for the Terminally Ill Act
- Thank You Senator Savino and Why I Support Aid in Dying
- New Jersey – Screening of The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner in Eatontown
- New Jersey – Screening of The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner in Redbank
- Reception at Stockton College on Aid in Dying
- New Jersey – Senate Hearing – Monday, December 8 – Come to Trenton!
- Brittany Maynard Telephone Town Hall
- House Party in Princeton for Barbara Mancini
- NJ – Senate Committee Vote – Monday, December 15 – Come to Trenton!
Call an End-of-Life Consultant 800-247-7421