The Compassion & Choices Federal Policy Agenda for 2017 & beyond is a roadmap for reducing unwanted medical treatment and helping empower consumers to get more control, autonomy and peace-of-mind in their end-of-life care through legislative action. Guided by the Institute of Medicine’s 2014 report Dying in America, our agenda challenges policymakers to improve end-of-life care through actions in five areas:
- Delivery of person-oriented, family-centered care.
- Clinician-patient communication and advance care planning.
- Professional education and development for healthcare professionals.
- Policies and payment systems that are value-based, not volume-based.
- Public education and engagement on end-of-life care issues for individuals and their caregivers.
Watch the presentation of our Federal Policy Agenda during our Capitol Hill briefing.
Click here to read our full Federal Policy Agenda.