The Compassion & Choices Doc2Doc line offers free, confidential telephone consultation with one of our seasoned medical directors, each with years of experience in end-of-life medical care including medical aid in dying. Call us anytime at 800.247.7421 or by email for information.
Clinicians are also encouraged to call our California Information Hotline at 800.893.4548, which has options for physicians and pharmacists to connect with trained practitioners and other resources.
An Introduction to Medical Aid in Dying as Clinical Practice
The Medical Aid in Dying Process and Liability Protections
State Specific Laws and Procedures
The California Access Campaign seeks to provide technical assistance to healthcare providers so they can more fully support their patients.
Resources are currently being produced and will be added here as they become available. Check back often.
- Clinical Criteria for Physician Aid in Dying and supplementary clinical information: Current best practices as published by the Journal of Palliative Medicine in December 2015.
- California Hospital Association End of Life Option Act Handout: A comprehensive guide for healthcare systems, hospices, physicians and pharmacists on the California End of Life Option Act.
- Attending Physician’s Checklist & Compliance Form
- Consulting Physician’s Compliance Form
- Attending Physician’s Follow-up Form