No matter who you are, where you live or how much time you have, there are so many everyday actions you can take that are crucial to expanding end-of-life liberty for all Americans.
Powerful advocacy starts with simply talking: Explain to your friends and neighbors why this issue matters. Speak to your doctor about the importance of proper options and care at the end of life. And of course take the lead in making sure you and everyone you know fills out advance directives.
8 Easy Ways to Take Action Right Now
- Sign up to receive action alerts
- Write your local news media
- Learn about bills in your state
- Contact your elected officials
- Support Compassion & Choices
- Complete an advance directive
- Talk to friends, family & doctors
- Follow us on Facebook and Twitter
The diverse work of Compassion & Choices could not happen without many dedicated volunteers. We welcome volunteering in the following areas:
- Referral Volunteers understand the organization well enough to confidently and comfortably speak out about the work we do in their communities.
- Outreach Volunteers help run grassroots efforts in states where there is a current movement to change end-of-life options.
- End-of-Life Volunteers provide hands-on service to clients who are dying or preparing for death.
There is an application and interview process as well as specialized training for most volunteers. If any of these opportunities interest you, or you would like to offer other assistance, please contact our National Volunteer Coordinator, Marina Shuman via email or call 800-247-7421.