It takes a motivated staff with diverse skills and experience to serve our clients and communities across the country every day. Interested in joining the team? Compassion & Choices is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes all qualified applicants regardless of gender, race, age, sexuality or disability. Click on the job title to view a detailed description of the available position.
Current Job Openings
The Development Coordinator position serves on the Development Services team (within the Development department) and contributes to 5 key areas of work:
- Planning and preparing for special events held across the country from behind-the-scenes.
- Manage database with duties that range from running queries and creating reports, to editing individual donor records, and data hygiene (householding, deduping, etc.).
- Drafting foundation grants and reports that draw upon a pool of approved documents, and preparing final materials for submission.
- Providing administrative assistance to the Chief Development Officer (CDO) to arrange travel, communicate with donors to secure meetings, manage expenses, and other tasks as assigned.
- Contributing in general ways to the Development Team’s work including, but not limited to, serving as back-up for other team members, planning team gatherings, executing a variety of donor cultivation mailings, general administrative work, and other duties as assigned.
Ability to work in Washington D.C. preferred. Portland also an option.
Philanthropy Gift Officer, North East Ability to work remotely! The Philanthropy Gift Officer, North East is primarily responsible for cultivating and soliciting five and six figure gifts from prospects and major donors in the North East and primarily in New York City metro area. This position will also be asked to solicit and secure C4 gifts for the organization’s C4 activities. The ideal candidate must have a track record of soliciting and closing principal and significant major gifts and demonstrated long term philanthropic relationships while consistently meeting fundraising goals. Experience closing six figure gifts and above from individuals is preferred.
The Senior Communications Associate position is primarily responsible for developing and managing the communications strategy for Compassion & Choices’ advocacy and outreach campaigns in consultation with senior communications staff. The Senior Advocacy Communications associate has overall responsibility for creating, managing and implementing the in-state media and digital strategy, and providing leadership for and driving the development, planning, and coordination of access state media work. You will also be responsible for storyteller program in access states, and for providing technical assistance to and developing quarterly plans in the can for those states.
A minimum of 4 years’ experience – at least half on Capitol Hill, in a state legislative office, on a political campaign, or at a highly known and effective issue advocacy organization, is required.
For more information on this position, click here.
To apply for any of the above positions:
Please send cover letter and resume (in one PDF document) [email protected]
Please format the subject line of your email as follows: Your Last Name, Position Title.
No phone calls please.