General Information Packet
The End-of-Life Option Act has passed both houses in the California Legislature! The legislation, which allows terminally ill Californians to request a medication to bring about a peaceful death if their suffering becomes unbearable, is on its way to Governor Jerry Brown’s desk. C&C has pivoted from passing legislation to making sure the Governor signs it and we need your help!
Californians!Use this tool to personalize a letter to Governor Brown urging him to sign the bill without delay! Click here to write your letter today!
Thank the California Legislature for Their Courageous Passage of the End of Life Option Act
California Senate Approves Aid-in-Dying in Historic Vote
Just two weeks after the California Medical Association dropped its 28-year opposition to aid-in-dying legislation the Senate approves the End of Life Option Act (SB 128) with a 23-14 vote. The bill now moves to the Assembly, where the deadline to pass the bill is Sept. 11. Read more here.
If your end-of-life plans aren’t in place yet, follow the link below to find the most recent forms and resources for end-of-life planning.
CALIFORNIA END-OF-LIFE RESOURCES PAGE
Making plans and communicating them is absolutely necessary to ensure we get what we want – and avoid enduring anything we don’t – at the end of life, even if we’re unable to speak for ourselves…more
Los Angeles Office
3055 Wilshire Blvd Suite 1010
Los Angeles, CA 90010
San Francisco P.O. Box
3701 Sacramento Street #439
San Francisco, CA 94118
To learn how you can get involved with Compassion & Choices in California click here or call 800-247-7421.
In This Section
California - Home
- The Power of Stories
- Help Pass the End of Life Option Act
- Sign up to learn more
- California Mom Christy O’Donnell Fights to Die on Her Own Terms
- Get Involved
- An Evening with Barbara Mancini – Somerville MA – Dec 8
- Pass the Aid in Dying Law Here in Connecticut
- Thank You for Taking Action on the End of Life Option Act ABX2-15
- RSVP for Graceful Aging and Mindful Dying at Congregation Beth Israel
- Vote in NJ on the Aid in Dying for the Terminally Ill Act
- The Journey Home: An African American Conversation
- Tell your senator that you support New Jersey’s Aid in Dying for the Terminally Ill Act
- Thank You Senator Savino and Why I Support Aid in Dying
- New Jersey – Screening of The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner in Eatontown
- New Jersey – Screening of The Last Campaign of Governor Booth Gardner in Redbank
- Reception at Stockton College on Aid in Dying
- New Jersey – Senate Hearing – Monday, December 8 – Come to Trenton!
- Brittany Maynard Telephone Town Hall
- House Party in Princeton for Barbara Mancini
- NJ – Senate Committee Vote – Monday, December 15 – Come to Trenton!
Call an End-of-Life Consultant 800-247-7421